Saturday 6th June 2020
URGENT - WIDER OPENING POSTPONED
It was our plan to commence a phased wider opening of our trust schools from Monday 8th June 2020. However, we received information from Public Health England late on Friday afternoon. They estimate the R value is now above the critical value of 1 for the North West, at 1.01.
Due to this change in the R value, one of the government’s 5 key test measures is now no longer met. Bury LA is strongly advising all schools and childcare settings to delay wider opening until we can be more assured that the rate of infection is reducing, and R is firmly below 1. We have therefore decided to postpone the wider opening of our trust schools until further notice.
We will continue to monitor what is a fast-evolving situation very closely and keep our school communities informed and updated on any further advice we receive regarding the wider opening of our schools.
We will continue to remain open for vulnerable children and the children of key workers as we have been since the start of the national lockdown.
Thank you for your continued patience and support at this most challenging of times.
Mr. Ian Young, Trust Leader